Skip to main content

Leadership Article Blogpost

In writing I have been learning to use a wide range of punctuation appropriately and with increasing accuracy like . , ! ? “”
- colon :
- semi-colon ;
- hyphen -
- parentheses ( )
- brackets [ ]
- ellipses ...

I have been especially focussing on using parentheses and semi-colon. I have highlighted these in green where I have used them as well as other punctuation that I changed because it was used incorrectly. Here is a piece of my writing that shows this.

28/02/17
Key things about being an effective Deputy Head Boy


What is leadership? Well, leadership is the skill of being able to motivate an individual or a group of people towards a goal. There are six leadership traits that we came up with, which are Goal Focused, Motivational, Integrity, Resilient, Active Thinking, Trustworthy. These traits are essential to being an amazing leader, (which that is important for my role as the Deputy Head Boy for 2017). This means that I have to attend the weekly leadership meetings, contribute to the student council, stand in for the Heads when they are absent and to be a positive role model for the students at oaklands school. Being a deputy head boy means I have to show the 6 leadership traits.


One of the traits for being a competent student leader is Motivational, meaning I am relied upon to motivate and help others get a reason to do it. A leader which has showed this trait is Nelson Mandela, an inspirational person who motivated many people and told what was right and fair. A reason why this trait is so important to my role as deputy head boy is that I need to help motivate the Head boy and girl in their role and help support and assist them. I will demonstrate this trait by helping the heads when they need support and encouraging them. Along with motivational being an important trait for my role, I also need to be trustworthy.


Another very important trait for my role is I need to be trustworthy in my role; Being trustworthy means I have to be relied upon to do what is needed and what is right. Sir Edmund Hillary is a very fitting example for this trait as he showed he was trustworthy when he was on his journey to the peak of Everest. He said he wouldn’t leave his accomplice behind and he ended up helping him all the way to the top of Mount Everest. Another time is when he was in Nepal and he helped the Sherpa people for most of his life, even helping them build a landing strip. This trait is important because the staff need to trust that I will do my role and attend the leadership meetings that commence weekly. I will show this by attending the meetings and staying committed to my role for the whole year. In my role, along with being trustworthy, I will also need to be resilient.


In my opinion, the most important leadership trait for my role is resilient, being resilient means that I should not give up when it is most important. Founder of Billionaire Company Bill Gates is a very good example. Bill Gates (and Paul Allen) in his early career had a rocky start trying to start up their company “Microsoft” where one of their first software, called BASIC wasn’t getting them enough money but they didn’t give up and Microsoft turned into one of the biggest software companies today. I need to be resilient in this role because I am not the most confident in public speaking and my role will only get more troublesome later on in the year. I will demonstrate resilience by not giving up on my role mid year and trying to improve my public speaking so it isn’t as hard for me to talk in front of people.

The definition of leadership that our class came up with as a group is Leadership is the skill of being able to motivate an individual or group towards a goal. The most important leadership traits for my role in my opinion are Trustworthy, Motivational and Resilient as they play a key role in my position. Using these, I hope to become a tremendous and impressive Deputy Head Boy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Book Of Term 1

A Game Of Thrones - By George R. R. Martin
The story is set in the medieval ages in the fictional continents Westeros and Essos, and told through multiple perspectives in each chapter. One of the perspectives is of the Stark family who are the main family of House Stark, located in the fort Winterfell, the lord Ed Stark is called to be the Kings Hand as the previous one had been slain, which is basically the bodyguard of the king. A member of the Stark family, Jon Snow is taken to a place called the wall, which is a big wall made of ice where they keep all the people that commit minor crimes. The wall is the only place that separates them from the north, where it is infested with dangerous undead beings called white walkers. In Essos which is the continent split from Westeros by the Narrow Sea, a woman called Daenerys, part of House Targaryen, is sold off to a leader of the Dothraki, called Khal Drogo by her brother Viserys in-exchange for some men for his army. The story snowballs f…

Form And Solve Linear And Quadratic Equations | Extended Abstract Task

Painting Triplets "Pania, Henare and Matiu are triplets. Henare can paint a room in 3 hours, Pania can do it in 4 hours, Matiu can do it himself in 6 hours, If they all do it work together but don't get in each other's way, how long will it take to paint the room?"
1hr and 20 mins. The reason why is all of them paints a fraction of the room. p + h + m = 1. Since Matiu can do it in 6 hours, that means Henare can do it in half the time. That means that m/2 = h as it means Henare can do a whole room in half the time Matiu takes. So if Pania takes 4 hours, that means she will always be painting 3/4 of the room, because Henare takes 3 hours to paint the whole room. Henare paints h of the room, Pania paints 3h/4. So Pania is 3h/4. 3h/4 = P. Our whole equation is h + 3h/4 + h/2 = 1 or 9/4h = 1 or h. Which I'm pretty sure equals 4/9. Henare takes 3 hours to do the room on his own. This means that he takes 4/9 of 3 hours with his siblings. Painting the room takes 4/3 of …

Statistics Reflective Blogposts

In Maths we have been learning to:

Evaluate statistical investigations or probability activities undertaken by others including data collection methods, choice of methods and validity of findings.

Here is a link to our online modelling book that supports this learning.

Here is some evidence of my learning. Include screenshots for both of the IXL activities. Link to Future options activity and answer sheet. Link to Social Media For TeensKeep Away From Horses activities and answer sheet. (make this link live with your learning)




A part of this learning that I found challenging was the extended abstract task Keep Away from The Horses as it involved very thorough scanning of the text and comparing the data and quoted statistics with the raw data provided at the bottom of the pdf and some of the questions were very confusing to follow like question 3.

My next step is to continue to apply this knowledge of statistics and probability in a variety of real world situations and contexts.