Skip to main content

Current Events Term 1


Current Events Term 1

In Current Events I covered these topics:
  • The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
  • Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
  • Christchurch Earth Memorial
  • The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
  • The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.

My favourite topic was Donald Trump's Refugee Ban because it was very interesting to me because of the recent political issues about Donald Trump recently.

Here is a link to my learning on the Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan.

The Reading National Standards I have achieved are (delete the ones that are not relevant)
  • Year 9/10
    • As I read I can make decisions about the usefulness of the text for the purpose - Eg: by using a variety of criteria to evaluate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excellence Care Values 10

On Friday in the middle block we usually have something where we do things, like there is a buddy programme and then there is a gardening programme, but the one I am in is Gamification, where you basically code and create a mini game. We started off at the start of the term using a programme called GameFroot, but it didn't really work well so instead we used scratch, which I found much easier. Mr Ladbrook now gives a series of challenges which we had to compete for and if we won we would win a prize. Last week we had to make a pong game and this week we had to make a platformer. Most people used Gamefroot for this but Jacob, Noah, Jak and I used scratch to try and do it. Mine had a landscape and clouds everywhere that moved side to side while they tried to get as high as you could. It half worked but the character could jump infinitely and it was very weird. The leadership quality I used was resilience because at the start I didn't really understand how the variables tab worked

Excellence Care Values 9

Two weeks ago at technology we had Textiles and Design, in the session half of the class was away since they were at South West Zones so it was very quiet. When we first got there we watched a video about how life and technology was changing society and changing the amount of jobs in the world and Mrs Paterson asked us how we felt about that. The she gave us a competition to see who could thread the sewing machine the fastest. Jacob and I came fourth in that since we threaded the whole machine instead of just the thread and not the bobbin. Then since I wasn't feeling like doing my project since I wasn't really getting that much done I decided to just paint on denim. My painting started off with a mountain and a ski lodge at the top with a ski lift carrying everyone up. But then they ran out of white paint so I couldn't paint anymore mountains. The leadership value I showed and the care value I showed was Active Thinking since I instead tried painting on denim to take a brea

Excellence HLC C6

For the Home learning challenge C6 Give to families in need: Find a way to help those in need (food or clothes collection for Salvation Army etc) my Mother and I went to the salvation army and donated clothing and shoes to them.