Skip to main content

Excellence Student Leader 3

Student Leader 

One of the responsibilities of being a deputy head boy is that you need to attend weekly student council meetings and contribute to them. My role in the student council is that I have to take minutes, where I have to do the roll and record every idea that is being suggested. This role is actually quite hard as ideas are suggested incredibly fast. This week in the student council, the topic was fundraisers and causes we should fund raise for. Some of the suggestions for causes were:
- Terror Victims
- Sport Clubs
- Food For Homeless
- Animal Shelters
- Any type of shelter
- Cancer Society
- Second chance dog resuce
- Dental care
- Child Cancer
- Second Chance dog rescue
- SPCA
- Plunket
- Ronald McDonald House
- Starship Hospital
Next week when we meet again on Wednesday, we will be discussing the subject of what Oaklands school do against bullying. A care value that I showed during the meeting was Community, by contributing to the Student Council, I feel we are helping out the whole school community. A leadership trait I showed was Trustworthy as I was trusted to record all the ideas onto the document.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excellence Care Values 8

At student council we took our next steps to making our ice cream day happen. We learnt that the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) had planned a massive sausage sizzle on the exact same day so we had to decide whether or not we were gonna cancel, in the end we ended up postponing the ice cream day and moving it to a later date which has not been decided yet. We decided on buying the small individual tubs and we had to figure out if they included spoons, and after some emails, we figured out that there was indeed spoons included with the tub. We then looked at the prices and did calculations to find out how much money we would pay and how much we would gain from an estimate, these were our calculations and they are probably not correct: Prices If we bought 9 cartons of 125ml 24 pottles: For each flavor $1.14 per pottle excluding GST $1.31 per pottle including GST If we bought 648 pottles: For all flavors $849.56 including GST $738.72 excluding GST Profit $771.12 for $2.5...

Excellence Care Values 10

On Friday in the middle block we usually have something where we do things, like there is a buddy programme and then there is a gardening programme, but the one I am in is Gamification, where you basically code and create a mini game. We started off at the start of the term using a programme called GameFroot, but it didn't really work well so instead we used scratch, which I found much easier. Mr Ladbrook now gives a series of challenges which we had to compete for and if we won we would win a prize. Last week we had to make a pong game and this week we had to make a platformer. Most people used Gamefroot for this but Jacob, Noah, Jak and I used scratch to try and do it. Mine had a landscape and clouds everywhere that moved side to side while they tried to get as high as you could. It half worked but the character could jump infinitely and it was very weird. The leadership quality I used was resilience because at the start I didn't really understand how the variables tab worked...