Skip to main content

Excellence Care Values 2

Technology

This week in cooking, we had a reliever teacher called Miss Tobec who used to teach Home Economics at Lincoln two years ago. In that session we made Cinnamon Pinwheel Scones and Banana Loaves. Instead of making them in groups, we all made them individually for the scones and in pairs for the loaves. For the pinwheel scones we had to go get the flour and baking soda, sugar and butter and had to mix it around until it was well combined. Then we had to make a well with the dry ingredients and mix in the milk and water slowly and start beating it literally. After that we lay it out on the bench and started rolling it out with a rolling pin and then added the cinnamon and rolled it up. Then we put it in the oven. For the banana loaf, we had to get basically the same ingredients and mix it up while on another bowl we had the wet ingredients. We cracked the egg into the mixture and then split the mixture into two separate loaf pans. Then we put it in the oven. I think the care values I showed was Excellence because i think although the pinwheel scones didn't come out that great, the banana loaf came out amazing. Evidence that I used leadership is that I was Active Thinking because some people needed help and I helped some of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excellence Care Values 8

At student council we took our next steps to making our ice cream day happen. We learnt that the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) had planned a massive sausage sizzle on the exact same day so we had to decide whether or not we were gonna cancel, in the end we ended up postponing the ice cream day and moving it to a later date which has not been decided yet. We decided on buying the small individual tubs and we had to figure out if they included spoons, and after some emails, we figured out that there was indeed spoons included with the tub. We then looked at the prices and did calculations to find out how much money we would pay and how much we would gain from an estimate, these were our calculations and they are probably not correct: Prices If we bought 9 cartons of 125ml 24 pottles: For each flavor $1.14 per pottle excluding GST $1.31 per pottle including GST If we bought 648 pottles: For all flavors $849.56 including GST $738.72 excluding GST Profit $771.12 for $2.5...

Excellence Care Values 10

On Friday in the middle block we usually have something where we do things, like there is a buddy programme and then there is a gardening programme, but the one I am in is Gamification, where you basically code and create a mini game. We started off at the start of the term using a programme called GameFroot, but it didn't really work well so instead we used scratch, which I found much easier. Mr Ladbrook now gives a series of challenges which we had to compete for and if we won we would win a prize. Last week we had to make a pong game and this week we had to make a platformer. Most people used Gamefroot for this but Jacob, Noah, Jak and I used scratch to try and do it. Mine had a landscape and clouds everywhere that moved side to side while they tried to get as high as you could. It half worked but the character could jump infinitely and it was very weird. The leadership quality I used was resilience because at the start I didn't really understand how the variables tab worked...