Skip to main content

I can apply my knowledge of adverbial clauses and connectives to see how ideas are linked in texts.

For reading I have been learning about adverbial clauses. I have found this learning quite challenging but later really easy because I didn't know what they were and the way it was explained in some videos and websites got me more confused of what they were. In this activity, I had to find out what adverbial clauses and connectives were. Then I had to give them an example of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excellence Care Values 8

At student council we took our next steps to making our ice cream day happen. We learnt that the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) had planned a massive sausage sizzle on the exact same day so we had to decide whether or not we were gonna cancel, in the end we ended up postponing the ice cream day and moving it to a later date which has not been decided yet. We decided on buying the small individual tubs and we had to figure out if they included spoons, and after some emails, we figured out that there was indeed spoons included with the tub. We then looked at the prices and did calculations to find out how much money we would pay and how much we would gain from an estimate, these were our calculations and they are probably not correct: Prices If we bought 9 cartons of 125ml 24 pottles: For each flavor $1.14 per pottle excluding GST $1.31 per pottle including GST If we bought 648 pottles: For all flavors $849.56 including GST $738.72 excluding GST Profit $771.12 for $2.5...

Excellence Care Values 10

On Friday in the middle block we usually have something where we do things, like there is a buddy programme and then there is a gardening programme, but the one I am in is Gamification, where you basically code and create a mini game. We started off at the start of the term using a programme called GameFroot, but it didn't really work well so instead we used scratch, which I found much easier. Mr Ladbrook now gives a series of challenges which we had to compete for and if we won we would win a prize. Last week we had to make a pong game and this week we had to make a platformer. Most people used Gamefroot for this but Jacob, Noah, Jak and I used scratch to try and do it. Mine had a landscape and clouds everywhere that moved side to side while they tried to get as high as you could. It half worked but the character could jump infinitely and it was very weird. The leadership quality I used was resilience because at the start I didn't really understand how the variables tab worked...