Skip to main content

Excellence Student Leader 1

Student Leader 

This week for my role as Deputy Head Boy, we had a leadership meeting about who got their merits and who didn't get them. As I got my Merit last week in Assembly, we get to do the reward game/ activity for leadership as we had done what we had to do for the term which was to get at least our merit. Also for our role, in term 2, the heads and the deputies get to go to this world vision leadership event on the first week of term 2 on Thursday. I think the care values I showed this week was Active Thinking as I was organized and got my Merit quickly. I showed leadership by being trustworthy; by being able to get my Merit in the first term like he told us to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excellence Care Values 8

At student council we took our next steps to making our ice cream day happen. We learnt that the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) had planned a massive sausage sizzle on the exact same day so we had to decide whether or not we were gonna cancel, in the end we ended up postponing the ice cream day and moving it to a later date which has not been decided yet. We decided on buying the small individual tubs and we had to figure out if they included spoons, and after some emails, we figured out that there was indeed spoons included with the tub. We then looked at the prices and did calculations to find out how much money we would pay and how much we would gain from an estimate, these were our calculations and they are probably not correct: Prices If we bought 9 cartons of 125ml 24 pottles: For each flavor $1.14 per pottle excluding GST $1.31 per pottle including GST If we bought 648 pottles: For all flavors $849.56 including GST $738.72 excluding GST Profit $771.12 for $2.5...

Excellence Care Values 10

On Friday in the middle block we usually have something where we do things, like there is a buddy programme and then there is a gardening programme, but the one I am in is Gamification, where you basically code and create a mini game. We started off at the start of the term using a programme called GameFroot, but it didn't really work well so instead we used scratch, which I found much easier. Mr Ladbrook now gives a series of challenges which we had to compete for and if we won we would win a prize. Last week we had to make a pong game and this week we had to make a platformer. Most people used Gamefroot for this but Jacob, Noah, Jak and I used scratch to try and do it. Mine had a landscape and clouds everywhere that moved side to side while they tried to get as high as you could. It half worked but the character could jump infinitely and it was very weird. The leadership quality I used was resilience because at the start I didn't really understand how the variables tab worked...